What you’ll need:
- 2 tbsp Good Hemp Oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 600ml well flavoured vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh green pesto to serve
1. Heat the Good Oil in a large non-stick saucepan and sauté the onion for about 5minutes or until soft. Stir in the garlic, carrot, celery and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
3. Place half of the vegetable mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth, then return to the pan.
4. Add the beans, and simmer for a further 10 mins or until the beans have been heated through. Spoon into bowl and garnish with a spoonful of fresh pesto.
Calories: 211 Protein: 8g Carbs: 23g Fat: 10g Saturates: 1g Fibre: 7.5g Sugar: 10g Salt: 1.1g