What you’ll need:
For the base:
- 2 tbsp Good Hemp Oil
- 2 tbsp Good Hemp Milk
- 185g chocolate biscuits such as bourbons
For the filling:
- 300g raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 50g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4 (180C/350F) and lightly oil a pie dish.
- For the base, add the chocolate biscuits, Good Hemp Oil and Good Hemp Milk to a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a base and around the sides of the pie dish and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes until it has dried out. Leave to cool.
- For the filling, puree the raspberries, lemon juice and salt in a food processor or with a stick blender. Strain the puree through a sieve into a bowl to remove any seeds and set aside.
- In a small pan bring 1 inch of water to a simmer. Meanwhile, add the egg whites, caster sugar and cream of tartar to a large bowl and whisk using an electric mixer until foamy.
- Place the bowl over the pan of simmering water and continue to beat with the electric whisk for around 6 minutes or until the mixture is very thick and glossy. The egg whites will be cooked at this point.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and continue to beat for a further 2 minutes until the egg whites reach room temperature.
- Fold the raspberry puree into the meringue until fully combined, trying to keep as much air in as possible.
- Pour the raspberry meringue over the chocolate base and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or overnight, until set.
- Remove the pie from the freezer at least 10 minutes before serving to soften slightly before slicing.
Calories: 188 Protein: 3g Carbs: 21g Fat: 7g Saturates: 4g Fibre: 1g Sugar: 16g Salt: 0.3g