What you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp Good Hemp Oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, skin removed and cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 350g pearl barley
- 1.3 litres of hot vegetable stock
- 75g blue cheese (such as stilton or gorgonzola)
- 3 sage leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas 5 (190C/375F) and lay the chunks of butternut squash on a baking tray. Drizzle over a tablespoon of Good Hemp Oil and roast in the oven for around 35 minutes until tender, turning halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining Good Hemp Oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion, garlic and whole sage leaves. Cook for around 5 minutes until softened.
- Once soft, add in the pearl barley and turn up the heat. Stir to coat the barley in the oil and cook for a further minute. Turn the heat back to medium.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock and stir constantly until the stock is absorbed. Continue this process until all of the stock has been used up and the barley is tender. If the barley is still not cooked, add water. This process should take around 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cubes of squash and then crumble in the blue cheese, stirring to combine.
- To serve, remove the whole sage leaves, spoon into bowls and drizzle a little extra Good Hemp Oil over the top if desired.
Calories: 566 Protein: 14g Carbs: 87g Fat: 9g Saturates: 6g Fibre: 3g Sugar: 7g Salt: 1g