What you’ll need:
For the Panna Cotta:
- 500ml Good Hemp Milk
- 3 level tsp powdered gelatin
(or agar agar for vegetarians & vegans)
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp rum / brandy
For the rhubarb compote:
- 350g rhubarb
- 50g caster sugar
- Add the gelatin to a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of water. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the Good Hemp Milk alternative, sugar and rum into a pan. Split the vanilla pod in half, scrape out the seeds using a spoon and add these to the pan, along with the split pod.
- Gently heat the mixture until it just reaches boiling point. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture. Leave to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and divide between 4 ramekins. Cover with cling film and leave to set in the fridge (around 2 hours).
- To make the compote, trim down the rhubarb to remove any woody parts and chop into large chunks.
- Add the rhubarb, caster sugar and 150ml of water to a pan. Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and jammy.
- Once set, turn out the panna cottas and serve with some of the compote.
Calories: 138 Protein: 6g Carbs: 22g Fat: 3g Saturates: 0g Fibre: 2g Sugar: 19g Salt: 0.1g