What you’ll need:
For the Panna Cotta:
- 500ml Good Hemp Milk
- 3 level tsp powdered gelatin
(or agar agar for vegetarians & vegans)
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp rum / brandy
For the rhubarb compote:
- 350g rhubarb
- 50g caster sugar
- Add the gelatin to a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of water. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the Good Hemp Milk alternative, sugar and rum into a pan. Split the vanilla pod in half, scrape out the seeds using a spoon and add these to the pan, along with the split pod.
- Gently heat the mixture until it just reaches boiling point. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture. Leave to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and divide between 4 ramekins. Cover with cling film and leave to set in the fridge (around 2 hours).
- To make the compote, trim down the rhubarb to remove any woody parts and chop into large chunks.
- Add the rhubarb, caster sugar and 150ml of water to a pan. Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and jammy.
- Once set, turn out the panna cottas and serve with some of the compote.
Calories: 138 Protein: 6g Carbs: 22g Fat: 3g Saturates: 0g Fibre: 2g Sugar: 19g Salt: 0.1g
Did you love using our hemp milk? If so, why not try out our lovely hemp oil, healthy hemp seeds, and even healthy hemp protein supplements. To discover more on the wonderous uses and history of hemp go here.