What you’ll need:
For the cake:
- 80ml Good Hemp Oil
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120g plain natural yoghurt
- 150g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- zest of 3 lemons
- pinch of salt
For the syrup:
- 50g icing sugar
- juice of 3 lemons
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4 (180C/350F) and lightly oil a cake tin using a little Good Hemp Oil and lightly dust the tin with flour to prevent the cake sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine the Good Hemp Oil, eggs, lemon zest, yoghurt and sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients and fold in until there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin and turn the cake out onto a wire rack.
- To make the syrup, whisk together the lemon juice and icing sugar. Spread this over the top of the cooled cake using a spatula or palette knife. Serve immediately or leave the icing to harden, which should take around an hour.
Calories: 271 Protein: 6.3g Carbs: 41.7g Fat: 9.1g Saturates: 1.4g Fibre: 2.3g Sugar: 26.6g Salt: 0.4g