What you’ll need:
- 570ml (1 pint) Good Hemp Milk Original
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 4 egg yolks
- 25g caster sugar
- 30g cornflour
- Place the Hemp Milk into a saucepan along with the vanilla pod and bring to a simmer over a low heat.
- Once it has come to just below boiling point remove from the heat and take out the vanilla pod.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour until combined. Slowly pour the hot Hemp Milk over the mixture whilst continuously whisking.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the pan and place over a low heat.
- Stir the custard constantly until it has thickened.
Note: When making the custard, don't throw away the vanilla pod - you can dry it out and place it in a jar with caster sugar to make vanilla sugar!
Calories: 168 Protein: 3.1g Carbs: 17.7g Fat: 9.1g Saturates: 1.6g Fibre: 0g Sugar: 8.5g Salt: 0.0g