What you’ll need:
- 50ml Good Hemp Oil
- 600g mixed dried fruit (such as raisins, sultanas, cranberries, cherries, prunes, dates etc)
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 beaten eggs
- 200g ground almonds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g whole almonds
- Preheat the oven to Gas 2 (150C/300F).
- Grease and line with baking paper a 20cm round cake tin, lining both the sides and base.
- In a large bowl, combine all the wet ingredients: the Good Hemp Oil, eggs, zest of the lemon and zest and juice of the orange.
- Now add the dried fruit, spices, vanilla, ground almonds and walnuts and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking tin, arrange the whole almonds on top and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- You can tell the cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. If it is not ready, bake for a further 30 minutes and cover the top of the cake to prevent over-browning.
- Once cooled, remove the cake from the tin and store in an airtight container.
Calories: 423 Protein: 6g Carbs: 70g Fat: 16g Saturates: 7g Fibre: 3g Sugar: 60g Salt: 0.2g