What you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp Good Hemp Oil
- 1 1/2 - 2kg piece of boneless pork belly
- 1 tsp Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4 (180C/350F). Score the skin of the pork belly using a sharp knife in lines roughly 1cm apart.
- Toast the Szechuan peppercorns and fennel seeds in a dry frying pan for a few minutes until they become fragrant. Transfer to a pestle and mortar and pound to a fine powder.
- Add the garlic and salt to the spices and pound again to form a paste and pour in 2 tablespoons of Good Hemp Oil. Rub the marinade over the flesh of the pork. Cover, place in the fridge and leave overnight.
- Once marinated, rub the skin with the remaining Good Hemp Oil and add plenty of sea salt. This will help to dry out the skin and make it really crispy. Place a wire rack inside a roasting tin and place the pork on top.
- Cook the pork at this temperature for 2 hours 30 minutes. After this time, turn the oven up to gas 7 (220C/425F) and cook for a further 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, carve into chunks and serve.
Calories: 887 Protein: 70g Carbs: 2g Fat: 66g Saturates: 31g Fibre: 1g Sugar: 0g Salt: 0.4g