What you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp Good Hemp Oil
- 600 ml Good Hemp Milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 100g bacon, finely chopped
- 100g mature cheddar / blue cheese, grated
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, gently heat the Good Hemp Oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the cumin to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes. Break the cauliflower into florets, discarding the stem, and add to the pan.
- Pour in the Good Hemp Milk and the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and add the bay leaf, reduce the heat and cover. Cook for around 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped bacon to a small frying pan. Fry over a medium heat until the bacon is really crispy and then transfer to some kitchen towel to drain away excess fat.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, remove the saucepan from the heat and remove the bay leaf. Blend the soup using a hand-held blender or transfer to a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the soup to the heat until just below boiling point. Remove from the heat again and stir in the cheese until completely melted.
- Ladle into warm bowls and top with some of the crispy bacon crumbles. Drizzle over a little extra Good Hemp Oil if desired.
Calories: 412 Protein: 22g Carbs: 14g Fat: 19g Saturates: 9g Fibre: 6g Sugar: 8g Salt: 3.2g