What you’ll need:
- 100g Good Hemp Pure Protein Powder
- 125g plain flour (vegan)
- 100g vegan margarine
- 6 tbsp Good Hemp Milk Unsweetened
- 500g butternut squash (about half a medium sized squash)
- 450g beetroot
- 1 tbsp Good Hemp Oil
- 100g gram/besan plain flour
- 250 ml Good Hemp Milk Unsweetened
- 2 sage leaves
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 spring onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C (355F), Gas Mark 5.
- Mix together the protein powder and flour in a bowl and then rub in the margarine between your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the Hemp Milk and mix together with your hands until it forms a dough. Knead briefly until smooth.
- Let the dough rest for 30 mins in the fridge before rolling out to about 4-5mm thick on a floured surface.
- Transfer to a 24cm tart tin and cut off any excess pastry around the edge with a knife.
- Bake blind with baking beans for 15 mins and then another 5 mins without the baking beans. Remove from the oven and set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Peel and cut the squash and beetroot into approximately 2cm chunks. Put in a baking tin and drizzle with the hemp oil and mix to coat.
- Sprinkle over salt and pepper and bake in the oven for about 30 mins, turning half way through.
- While the vegetables are baking make a batter with the gram flour and Hemp Milk. Mix the gram/besan flour with 100ml of Hemp Milk and then gradually add the rest of the milk until you have a smooth batter.
- Finely chop the herbs and spring onions and add to the batter along with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the squash and beetroot into the tart case and pour over the prepared batter.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 mins or until the filling is set.
- Serve hot or cold, with salad and roast potatoes.
Made exclusively by Ginger Vegan.