What you’ll need:
- 6 medium granny smith apples
- 65g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g vegan butter or margarine.
- 300g granola cereal (we used Dorset Cereals Oat Granola!)
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seed Hearts
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F), Gas Mark 6.
- Core and slice apples.
- In a large bowl, stir together apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, Hemp Seed Hearts and cinnamon until mixed, then pour into a medium sized casserole dish. Add 1/4 of the butter/margarine evenly to the mixture.
- Place granola in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Combine granola with the rest of the butter/margarine in a bowl. Then with a fork push the butter into the crushed granola.
- Sprinkle the granola/butter over the apple mixture, bake for 45 to 50 mins.
- Stand for 10 mins
- Serve with Crème fraîche or a dairy free alternative (optional).